Even if you block Facebook friends you'll still have the ability to leave them messages as well as they can still leave you messages. If you block or Unfollow somebody, your posts are still visible to them unless they additionally block or Unfollow you.
Unfollow Someone On Facebook
How do I unfollow an individual, Page or group?
When you unfollow a person, you won't see their posts in News Feed, but you'll still be friends with them.
To unfollow an individual, Page or group from News Feed:
1. Click Story Options on the top right of their post.
2. Select Unfollow.
To unfollow an individual, Page or group directly:
1. Go to the profile, Page or group you wish to unfollow.
2. Float over Following (on an account or Page) or click Joined (in a group) near their cover picture.
3. Select Unfollow.
To temporarily unfollow a person, Page or group, you can snooze them.
How to Unfollow Facebook Friends From Their posts
As an example, allow's utilize your friend Annette. You are tired of seeing the political messages as well as memes she reposts. You make a decision to block her for awhile, at the very least up until after the election season.
1. Visit to your Facebook account.
2. From your Facebook homepage scroll down up until you locate a message from the person whose messages you intend to block.
3. On the much best side of their post header you will certainly see a little down arrow. Click on that to see your alternatives. You have a couple of different ones.
Hide post: If you pick this choice, Facebook will reveal you less similar posts to the one you are concealing. You will certainly still see other posts from he or she. Facebook's magic robots will certainly determine what you really did not like concerning the post, so you might or may not get the result you desired. It might work as well as you will not see many political posts from Annette, but you may likewise not see political posts from other individuals.
Unfollow Annette: With this option, you are blocking all posts by Annette from your timeline but you will still continue to be Facebook friends.
Hide all from XYZ: If Annette has reposted something from a Facebook Page (in this instance, XYZ Page) as well as you prefer to not see any other posts from XYZ despite that is reposting them, select this option. This can be an excellent strategy when you 'd still such as to see the non-political posts that Annette makes, but do not wish to see things she reposts from different political Facebook pages.