How To Find Old Facebook Messages
Component 1. Where to Read the Old Facebook Messenger Messages on Android
To see your old Facebook Messenger app messages on your Android tool, you'll require to embark on the adhering to actions:
- The first thing you'll require to do is guarantee you are logged into the Messenger application with your Facebook login information.
- As soon as you are logged into the application, find the customer whose conversation you wish to watch and pick them. Currently you have actually chosen them your whole conversation history with them will certainly open up, displaying your latest messages initially.
- To view your older messages you'll require to scroll upwards via your chat history, which will certainly lead you to your oldest messages with the picked contact.
It is a wordy procedure but, unfortunately, there isn't currently any functionality in the Android Messenger gadget to view your older messages any kind of quicker. Thankfully, there are a couple of points you can do via the Facebook site to sift via your backlog of messages much quicker and function your method from earliest to latest, rather than using the Messenger application and also squandering your time scrolling via message after message.
Part 2. Tips for Reading Old Messages on Facebook Faster
To review your old Facebook messages through the Facebook web site without scrolling through your whole history, there are a few various methods you can try:.
Method 1: Search for a Search phrase
- Log into Facebook and also open up the Messages display. Your conversations will be presented down the left hand side of the screen.
- Choose the conversation you wish to view. The most recent messages in the conversation will now be presented.
- At the top of the screen you'll see a magnifying glass icon, click this and you'll see a search bar displayed.
- At this stage you'll need to look for a search phrase that you recognize appears in your earlier messages with this individual. When you have actually thought about the keyword phrase as well as searched for it, it will skip through your messages history to the messages that contain the key words, bringing you back to the start of your Facebook conversation with your particular contact.
Technique 2: Readjust the URL
- Log onto Facebook and visit http://m.facebook.com/messages/. From this display you'll require to pick the conversation you intend to see, after that appropriate click on the "See older messages" tab and also choose "Open in new tab".
- View the URL that's shown. It will certainly be something like: https://m.facebook.com/messages/read/?tid=id.???&start=6&pagination_direction=1&refid=12 Try to find the section of the URL that reads "start=6" and also modify this number to about the amount of messages you have in your conversation. For instance, if you believe you have actually exchanged 1000 messages change the number to Read "start=975".
- The modification to the URL will take you back much additionally through your message history, so all you'll need to do is scroll back a little means to find yourself at the oldest end of your message string.
There are a couple of other things you can attempt, consisting of downloading your Facebook profile. If you log into Facebook and also access "Settings", you can choose "Download a copy of your Facebook data", which will condense every one of your Facebook account and also messages into one helpful documents. Once it's downloaded (it can take a while - as you imagine, it's a quite large file!) you can open the HTML file in your common internet browser and gain access to your old messages by doing this.
Another option to access your old Facebook messages on your Android device is to mount the application Message Backup for Facebook. This app permits you to quickly download a copy of your entire Facebook message history, making the process quick as well as easily. The download is conserved as a.csv data, so you can open it and also review your old messages utilizing any type of spread sheet program.