How Do I Turn Off Facebook Chat
Shut Off Facebook Chat on a Computer
If you are visited to Facebook on your computer, you can shut off Chat utilizing the Facebook Chat menu.
1. Log into Facebook on your computer system.
2. Click the gear symbol in the reduced right edge of the display on any type of page in Facebook. This opens the Facebook Chat menu.
3. Click Turn Off Active Status. The Active Status window opens.
4. Click Turn Off Active Status for All contacts if you want to switch off the Facebook Chat choice for all your contacts.
5. Click Turn Off Active Status for All contacts Except ... if you wish to enable specific contacts to chat with you. Enter the names of individuals you want to have the ability to chat with you.
6. Click Turn Off Active Status for Only Some contacts ... if you just intend to stop specific individuals from talking with you. Type in the names of the people with whom you do not wish to Chat.
7. Click Okay.
You will certainly appear offline to various other Facebook customers in the Chat window. They can still send you messages, yet the message will certainly not automatically open or show a popup notice. However, you can still see red numbered alerts on top of the web page.
To turn Chat back on once again, click the Turn On Active Status link at the end of the Facebook Chat sidebar or click the gear icon in the lower right edge of the display on any type of web page in Facebook and choose Turn On Active Status.
Turn Off Facebook Chat on the Android or iOS Application
1. Open the Facebook app on your smart phone.
2. Tap the menu button in the upper-right edge of the screen.
3. Scroll down and also touch Settings & Privacy.
4. Faucet Settings.
5. Tap Active Status under Privacy.
6. Touch the toggle alongside Show When You're Active to turn it off.
7. Faucet Turn Off on the Turn Off Active Status notice home window as well as departure.
You can repeat the steps to turn Facebook Chat on again.