Turn Off Chat Facebook
Turn Off Facebook Chat on a Computer
If you are visited to Facebook on your computer, you can switch off Chat making use of the Facebook Chat menu.
1. Log into Facebook on your computer.
2. Click the gear icon in the lower right edge of the display on any web page in Facebook. This opens the Facebook Chat menu.
3. Click Turn Off Active Status. The Active Status home window opens up.
4. Click Turn Off Active Status for All contacts if you want to shut off the Facebook Chat option for all your contacts.
5. Click Turn Off Active Status for All contacts Except ... if you want to permit particular contacts to chat with you. Enter the names of the people you wish to be able to chat with you.
6. Click Turn Off Active Status for Only Some contacts ... if you just intend to prevent particular people from talking with you. Enter the names of individuals with whom you do not desire to Chat.
7. Click Okay.
You will show up offline to other Facebook individuals in the Chat window. They can still send you messages, but the message will certainly not immediately open or present a popup notice. Nevertheless, you can still see red numbered alerts at the top of the web page.
To turn Chat back on again, click the Turn On Active Status web link at the end of the Facebook Chat sidebar or click the gear symbol in the lower right corner of the screen on any type of web page in Facebook and also select Turn On Active Status.
Turn Off Facebook Chat on the Android or iOS App
1. Open the Facebook application on your smart phone.
2. Touch the menu switch in the upper-right corner of the display.
3. Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Faucet Active Status under Privacy.
6. Tap the toggle beside Show When You're Active to turn it off.
7. Tap Turn Off on the Turn Off Active Status alert home window and also departure.
You can repeat the steps to transform Facebook Chat on again.